The MSc in Occupational Health is a part-time online training that provides experience and training in research that supports workplace health and safety.
Nurses, physicians, health and safety consultants, and administrators with packed job schedules and other commitments will earn a postgraduate degree in Occupational Health through this programme.
The emphasis is on the most common occupational health and safety problems that occur in the workplace.
– To develop an understanding of the broad processes underpinning health protection in the workplace.
– To develop and enhance research in occupational health directly applicable and beneficial to practice.
– To encourage attitudes pertinent to the team approach.
Self-directed research, critical thought, and comparative study of workplace health programmes and experience are all encouraged in this course. This is accomplished in an organised and dynamic online learning environment that allows for collaborative multidisciplinary learning as well as peer reinforcement and collaboration.
The course aims to enable you to explore, understand, analyse and/or apply:
– The concepts of occupational health practice in relation to current needs and initiatives.
– The role of occupational health practitioners and the analysis of their effectiveness in practice.
– The management of occupational health issues including psychological, sociological and philosophical perspectives, which may affect management strategies and impinge on the role of specialist practitioners.
– Assessments of the work environment, its effects on health, relevant legislation and the effective control of workplace hazards.
– Health surveillance, its application within the workplace and the design of appropriate occupational health programmes.
– Specialist roles within occupational health practice through the critical appraisal of literature and research.
– Epidemiological principles in occupational health practice and the significance of data collection in the development of evidence-based practice.
There will be opportunities to learn essential assessment techniques in literature review and the advancement of research-based practises in occupational health practice during the course.
After that, the MSc dissertation gives you the chance to do research that includes a thorough literature review, the formulation of research problems, theories, and goals and priorities, as well as data collection, interpretation, and presentation of findings.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
Register today for the 2023 ukstudyonline.com scholarship.
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Attending an online university open day or information session is an excellent way to get a better understanding of a university and its courses from the comfort of your own home. Through these virtual events, you can connect with faculty, current students, and alumni, gain insights about the university’s culture and community, and get a sense of what to expect from the course you’re interested in.
This page highlights some top-ranked UK universities and accredited online courses for computer science. While university league tables can be helpful, it’s important to also consider syllabus, learning outcomes, and other factors when choosing a course.
This article examines popular MBA university rankings and how to use them to find the best MBA program for your career goals. While rankings can be helpful, it’s good to understand what they do and don’t track.
Learn how to craft an exceptional CV that will make you stand out in your Master’s application with these 7 proven tips. From highlighting your achievements to tailoring your CV for the specific program, this post will guide you step-by-step in transforming your CV from average to excellent. Don’t miss out on this must-read advice!
The UK government has announced the Lifelong Learning (Higher Education Fee Limits) Bill. The Bill will allow the rollout of the Lifelong loan entitlement in
Gain a comprehensive understanding of MBA programs, their structure, benefits, and types. Understand admission requirements and the differences between an MBA and other graduate degrees, helping you decide whether an MBA is worth your investment in terms of career advancement and salary potential.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)
ARTU Ranking (Out of 45 UK universities included in their table)
QS World University Rankings- QS Quacquarelli Symonds rankings data– (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)