The study of a modern language opens doors to other cultures and communities, and can provide a key to the global workplace. The name of your Law and Languages (Honours) degree from The Open University will reflect your chosen language (e.g. BA (Honours) Law and German).
Key features of the course
– Gives you an understanding of the role of law in society today.
– Provides you with legal awareness and the skills of legal analysis and methods.
– Develops you into a proficient user of your chosen language, reaching level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
– Develops advanced knowledge of the cultures that use your chosen language, and intercultural communication competence.
– Offers the option of a week in France, Germany or Spain.
Studying law alongside a modern language opens up many career options in law-related fields, business and finance or international organisations. Your understanding of another language and the cultures that use it is an asset that will be highly valued by employers, and that will widen your opportunities in the international market. A qualification in law and a language can lead to opportunities in a wide range of areas such as:
– Business and finance.
– Civil service.
– Human resources.
– Paralegal professions.
– Translation and interpreting.
– Editing and publishing.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Taking a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited degree or conversion course is essential if you want to train to become a practising clinical psychologist in
How to Find the Best University for Your Goals On this page, we will look at the leading UK university rankings and highlight some of
A quick guide to the many types of level 4 qualifications available online from UK training providers. What is a Level 4 qualification? Level 4
A quick guide to the main types of certification available and why accreditation and awarding bodies are important. In the UK, a wide range of
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Study Compared Use this quick guide to understand and compare the main differences between undergraduate and postgraduate study. But before we start,
Write The Perfect Personal Statement For A Master’s Degree Application Getting your application accepted is the first hurdle in gaining a master’s. Some university courses