The modules in this Professional Studies in Education programme at The Open University available cover a range of areas within education but all encourage you to draw on your own experiences and undertake enquiry in your own context.
You may also qualify for this postgraduate diploma course if you do not complete a full masters degree in education.
Key features of the course
– Offers a rich diversity of modules to suit your professional requirements and interests
– Has an emphasis on professional development through collaborative learning
– Develops and consolidates advanced scholarship and independent learning in the context of your own practice
– Can be used as a stepping stone to the MA or MEd in Education on completion
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
– Knowledge and understanding
– Cognitive skills
– Practical and professional skills
– Key skills
Throughout the world there is an increasing demand for creative, innovative education professionals who have highly developed skills and a deep understanding of learning; in many countries a postgraduate qualification is becoming essential for career advancement in education and training settings.
This qualification is designed to enrich your knowledge and improve your professional practice. On completing your studies, you should be able to:
– demonstrate self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems at a professional or equivalent level
– reflect critically and constructively, in the light of ideas and frameworks presented in the modules and how these apply to your practice and organisational contextYou will also acquire qualities and transferable skills that are highly prized by employers within education and related fields, such as:
– exercising initiative and personal responsibility
– the ability to make decisions in complex and unpredictable situations
– the ability to draw on appropriate research and ethical understanding
– the production of reports/outputs for academic and professional purposes.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
How much weight should you place on a university’s position in the rankings? Get insights and find other ways to assess a university.
What Is an Accredited Course? In the UK, an accredited course means that a professional body or organisation has assessed and approved the learning outcomes
Understand UK Regulated Qualifications. Find out what types of courses are regulated in the UK, and why it is important for future study and professional pathways.
This page aims to showcase the leading UK universities for Sport Management online. Additionally, we will highlight affordable, flexible, and accredited online Master’s programs in
Discover Sports Management: Career Paths, Top Programs, and Future Prospects in the Sports Industry. From BA Degrees to Master’s and Professional Certificates, explore your next steps at leading institutions for a rewarding journey in Sports Management.
Discover the essentials of studying a UK Master’s in Public Health, from exploring core modules and specialised modules to undertaking a research project. Find out the entry requirements, time commitments, and online Master of Public Health fees; this comprehensive guide covers all areas.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)