The modules in this Professional Studies in Education programme at The Open University available cover a range of areas within education but all encourage you to draw on your own experiences and undertake enquiry in your own context.
You may also qualify for this postgraduate diploma course if you do not complete a full masters degree in education.
Key features of the course
– Offers a rich diversity of modules to suit your professional requirements and interests
– Has an emphasis on professional development through collaborative learning
– Develops and consolidates advanced scholarship and independent learning in the context of your own practice
– Can be used as a stepping stone to the MA or MEd in Education on completion
Learning outcomes, teaching and assessment
The learning outcomes of this qualification are described in four areas:
– Knowledge and understanding
– Cognitive skills
– Practical and professional skills
– Key skills
Throughout the world there is an increasing demand for creative, innovative education professionals who have highly developed skills and a deep understanding of learning; in many countries a postgraduate qualification is becoming essential for career advancement in education and training settings.
This qualification is designed to enrich your knowledge and improve your professional practice. On completing your studies, you should be able to:
– demonstrate self-direction and originality in tackling and solving problems at a professional or equivalent level
– reflect critically and constructively, in the light of ideas and frameworks presented in the modules and how these apply to your practice and organisational contextYou will also acquire qualities and transferable skills that are highly prized by employers within education and related fields, such as:
– exercising initiative and personal responsibility
– the ability to make decisions in complex and unpredictable situations
– the ability to draw on appropriate research and ethical understanding
– the production of reports/outputs for academic and professional purposes.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Taking a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited degree or conversion course is essential if you want to train to become a practising clinical psychologist in
How to Find the Best University for Your Goals On this page, we will look at the leading UK university rankings and highlight some of
A quick guide to the many types of level 4 qualifications available online from UK training providers. What is a Level 4 qualification? Level 4
A quick guide to the main types of certification available and why accreditation and awarding bodies are important. In the UK, a wide range of
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Study Compared Use this quick guide to understand and compare the main differences between undergraduate and postgraduate study. But before we start,
Write The Perfect Personal Statement For A Master’s Degree Application Getting your application accepted is the first hurdle in gaining a master’s. Some university courses