In this Education Studies (Primary) (Honours) from The Open University you’ll develop your understanding of policy and practice in primary education, and gain the knowledge and skills needed to work collaboratively and equitably in a range of settings.
Key features of the course
– Practice-focused for professional learning about primary school education
– Suitable for people working, volunteering or seeking to work in schools or in the wider education sector, cultural institutions and NGOs
– Supports theory and evidence-based practice and professional development
– Enables collaboration with other students and debate on topics in education
Skills for career development
This degree provides an effective foundation for a wide choice of career paths, in particular within education. It emphasises independent thinking, develops analytical and communication skills and will help you become a clear and confident writer – all attributes that are highly valued by employers. Specific skills you’ll develop include:
– critically evaluating and effectively communicating information to others
– retrieving, organising, synthesising and questioning arguments, opinions and qualitative and quantitative data
– using a range of digital technologies effectively for study, online collaboration and to support your continuing professional development
– planning and managing time and tasks and working to deadlines
– identifying strengths and areas for development, and seeking and learning from feedback.
An Education Studies (Primary) degree gives you a sound foundation for a range of roles relating to primary education, including helping you prepare to apply for teacher training. It is also relevant to other careers within childcare, health, education, play work and working with families and young people, cultural institutions and NGOs.
It will develop your understanding of practices and policies that affect children, and introduce you to many new aspects of the subject. If you’re considering teaching as a career, you’re strongly advised to check with your training provider about their entry policy for initial teacher education (ITE) programmes, as requirements vary between different providers.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Time Management is one of the biggest challenges faced by online learners. Our scholarship winner, Anna C, shares practical insights on balancing life and an MSc in Psychology Conversion from Glasgow University. Gain valuable tips for effective online study schedules in this informative post.
How much weight should you place on a university’s position in the rankings? Get insights and find other ways to assess a university.
What Is an Accredited Course? In the UK, an accredited course means that a professional body or organisation has assessed and approved the learning outcomes
Understand UK Regulated Qualifications. Find out what types of courses are regulated in the UK, and why it is important for future study and professional pathways.
This page highlights the leading UK universities for Sport Management online and shows affordable, flexible, and accredited online Master’s programs and short courses in Sport
Discover Sports Management: Career Paths, Top Programs, and Future Prospects in the Sports Industry. From BA Degrees to Master’s and Professional Certificates, explore your next steps at leading institutions for a rewarding journey in Sports Management.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)