In this Education Studies (Primary) (Honours) from The Open University you’ll develop your understanding of policy and practice in primary education, and gain the knowledge and skills needed to work collaboratively and equitably in a range of settings.
Key features of the course
– Practice-focused for professional learning about primary school education
– Suitable for people working, volunteering or seeking to work in schools or in the wider education sector, cultural institutions and NGOs
– Supports theory and evidence-based practice and professional development
– Enables collaboration with other students and debate on topics in education
Skills for career development
This degree provides an effective foundation for a wide choice of career paths, in particular within education. It emphasises independent thinking, develops analytical and communication skills and will help you become a clear and confident writer – all attributes that are highly valued by employers. Specific skills you’ll develop include:
– critically evaluating and effectively communicating information to others
– retrieving, organising, synthesising and questioning arguments, opinions and qualitative and quantitative data
– using a range of digital technologies effectively for study, online collaboration and to support your continuing professional development
– planning and managing time and tasks and working to deadlines
– identifying strengths and areas for development, and seeking and learning from feedback.
An Education Studies (Primary) degree gives you a sound foundation for a range of roles relating to primary education, including helping you prepare to apply for teacher training. It is also relevant to other careers within childcare, health, education, play work and working with families and young people, cultural institutions and NGOs.
It will develop your understanding of practices and policies that affect children, and introduce you to many new aspects of the subject. If you’re considering teaching as a career, you’re strongly advised to check with your training provider about their entry policy for initial teacher education (ITE) programmes, as requirements vary between different providers.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Explore the possibilities of funding your online degree with student finance. Get the latest information and find out if you’re eligible.
Understand the options for using student finance to pay for your online Master’s degree. Get the latest information and make an informed decision.
Find out if it’s possible to secure a bank loan for an online Master’s degree and what options are available. Learn about the requirements, repayments, and other important factors to consider when financing your online Master’s education.
Discover the cost of pursuing a Master’s degree online in the UK and understand what to consider when budgeting for this investment. Get a full understanding with our comprehensive guide.
Discover the potential of online education and understand the many benefits it has to offer. Learn at your own pace, access outstanding resources, and enhance your professional and personal growth.
Follow the journey of our 2022 Scholarship Winner, Anna, as she shares her experience of finding and starting an online Master’s degree with the University of Glasgow.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)