In this Education Studies (Primary) (Honours) from The Open University you’ll develop your understanding of policy and practice in primary education, and gain the knowledge and skills needed to work collaboratively and equitably in a range of settings.
Key features of the course
– Practice-focused for professional learning about primary school education
– Suitable for people working, volunteering or seeking to work in schools or in the wider education sector, cultural institutions and NGOs
– Supports theory and evidence-based practice and professional development
– Enables collaboration with other students and debate on topics in education
Skills for career development
This degree provides an effective foundation for a wide choice of career paths, in particular within education. It emphasises independent thinking, develops analytical and communication skills and will help you become a clear and confident writer – all attributes that are highly valued by employers. Specific skills you’ll develop include:
– critically evaluating and effectively communicating information to others
– retrieving, organising, synthesising and questioning arguments, opinions and qualitative and quantitative data
– using a range of digital technologies effectively for study, online collaboration and to support your continuing professional development
– planning and managing time and tasks and working to deadlines
– identifying strengths and areas for development, and seeking and learning from feedback.
An Education Studies (Primary) degree gives you a sound foundation for a range of roles relating to primary education, including helping you prepare to apply for teacher training. It is also relevant to other careers within childcare, health, education, play work and working with families and young people, cultural institutions and NGOs.
It will develop your understanding of practices and policies that affect children, and introduce you to many new aspects of the subject. If you’re considering teaching as a career, you’re strongly advised to check with your training provider about their entry policy for initial teacher education (ITE) programmes, as requirements vary between different providers.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Taking a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited degree or conversion course is essential if you want to train to become a practising clinical psychologist in
How to Find the Best University for Your Goals On this page, we will look at the leading UK university rankings and highlight some of
A quick guide to the many types of level 4 qualifications available online from UK training providers. What is a Level 4 qualification? Level 4
A quick guide to the main types of certification available and why accreditation and awarding bodies are important. In the UK, a wide range of
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Study Compared Use this quick guide to understand and compare the main differences between undergraduate and postgraduate study. But before we start,
Write The Perfect Personal Statement For A Master’s Degree Application Getting your application accepted is the first hurdle in gaining a master’s. Some university courses