This Business Management and Languages diploma from The Open University offers a solid grounding in key concepts associated with business management and in the use of your chosen language. You’ll explore how businesses develop strategies, handle risk and take decisions. You’ll see what’s involved in functions such as marketing, accounting and finance. Combining this with the study of a modern language opens doors to other cultures and communities, and can provide a key to the global workplace. The name of your diploma will reflect your chosen language (e.g. Diploma of Higher Education in Business Management and German).
Key features of the course
– Develops a solid understanding of business organisations and their key elements.
– Explores wider considerations such as environments, markets and processes; and how these work together.
– Develops you into an independent user of your chosen language, reaching level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
– Develops solid knowledge of the cultures that use your chosen language, and solid intercultural communication competence.
– Offers the option of a week in France, Germany or Spain.
You’ll develop a broad set of employability skills, including the ability to:
– Understand key business functions such as marketing, human resources, information management, accounting and finance, and operations in their wider organisational and social context.
– Put together reasoned arguments and question assumptions.
– Draw together, analyse and critically evaluate information and data, using a range of research methods.
– Understand the nature of leadership skills and behaviours within organisations.
– Communicate effectively, clearly and accurately with others.
– Use information and communication technology (ICT) effectively.
– Manage time and work independently and as part of a team.
– Take responsibility for your own personal development, set realistic objectives and meet your own goals.
– Manage and motivate yourself.
– Plan, organise and prioritise your work, evaluate and reflect on it.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Taking a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited degree or conversion course is essential if you want to train to become a practising clinical psychologist in
How to Find the Best University for Your Goals On this page, we will look at the leading UK university rankings and highlight some of
A quick guide to the many types of level 4 qualifications available online from UK training providers. What is a Level 4 qualification? Level 4
A quick guide to the main types of certification available and why accreditation and awarding bodies are important. In the UK, a wide range of
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Study Compared Use this quick guide to understand and compare the main differences between undergraduate and postgraduate study. But before we start,
Write The Perfect Personal Statement For A Master’s Degree Application Getting your application accepted is the first hurdle in gaining a master’s. Some university courses