This Business Management and Languages diploma from The Open University offers a solid grounding in key concepts associated with business management and in the use of your chosen language. You’ll explore how businesses develop strategies, handle risk and take decisions. You’ll see what’s involved in functions such as marketing, accounting and finance. Combining this with the study of a modern language opens doors to other cultures and communities, and can provide a key to the global workplace. The name of your diploma will reflect your chosen language (e.g. Diploma of Higher Education in Business Management and German).
Key features of the course
– Develops a solid understanding of business organisations and their key elements.
– Explores wider considerations such as environments, markets and processes; and how these work together.
– Develops you into an independent user of your chosen language, reaching level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
– Develops solid knowledge of the cultures that use your chosen language, and solid intercultural communication competence.
– Offers the option of a week in France, Germany or Spain.
You’ll develop a broad set of employability skills, including the ability to:
– Understand key business functions such as marketing, human resources, information management, accounting and finance, and operations in their wider organisational and social context.
– Put together reasoned arguments and question assumptions.
– Draw together, analyse and critically evaluate information and data, using a range of research methods.
– Understand the nature of leadership skills and behaviours within organisations.
– Communicate effectively, clearly and accurately with others.
– Use information and communication technology (ICT) effectively.
– Manage time and work independently and as part of a team.
– Take responsibility for your own personal development, set realistic objectives and meet your own goals.
– Manage and motivate yourself.
– Plan, organise and prioritise your work, evaluate and reflect on it.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
Register today for the 2023 ukstudyonline.com scholarship.
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Discover the best online universities for business management in the UK and take the first step towards finding the right course for your career goals.
Studying a business management degree online offers flexibility, convenience, and a comprehensive curriculum that equips students with a broad range of transferable skills.
Attending an online university open day or information session is an excellent way to get a better understanding of a university and its courses from the comfort of your own home. Through these virtual events, you can connect with faculty, current students, and alumni, gain insights about the university’s culture and community, and get a sense of what to expect from the course you’re interested in.
This page highlights some top-ranked UK universities and accredited online courses for computer science. While university league tables can be helpful, it’s important to also consider syllabus, learning outcomes, and other factors when choosing a course.
This article examines popular MBA university rankings and how to use them to find the best MBA program for your career goals. While rankings can be helpful, it’s good to understand what they do and don’t track.
Learn how to craft an exceptional CV that will make you stand out in your Master’s application with these 7 proven tips. From highlighting your achievements to tailoring your CV for the specific program, this post will guide you step-by-step in transforming your CV from average to excellent. Don’t miss out on this must-read advice!
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)
ARTU Ranking (Out of 45 UK universities included in their table)
QS World University Rankings- QS Quacquarelli Symonds rankings data– (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)