The Law and Languages diploma from The Open University offers a solid grounding in key concepts associated with law and in the use of your chosen language. With this diploma, you’ll raise your legal awareness and acquire skills of legal analysis and methods. The study of a modern language opens doors to other cultures and communities, and can provide a key to the global workplace. The name of your diploma will reflect your chosen language (e.g. Diploma of Higher Education in Law and German).
The law modules in this qualification cover the legal system in England and Wales only, not any other parts of the UK.
Key features of the course
– Develops a solid understanding of the role of law in society today.
– Provides you with legal awareness and the skills of legal analysis and methods.
– Develops you into an independent user of your chosen language, reaching level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
– Develops solid knowledge of the cultures that use your chosen language, and solid intercultural communication competence.
– Offers the option of a week in France, Germany or Spain.
You’ll develop a broad set of employability skills, including the ability to:
– Understand the foundation subjects of law and the legal system of England and Wales.
– Apply legal principles to resolve issues.
– Present and make a reasoned choice between different opinions and solutions.
– Read and discuss complex and technical legal materials.
– Communicate effectively, clearly and accurately with others.
– Use information and communication technology (ICT) effectively.
– Manage time and work independently and as part of a team.
– Take responsibility for your own personal development, set realistic objectives and meet your own goals.
– Manage and motivate yourself.
– Plan, organise and prioritise your work, evaluate and reflect on it.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Time Management is one of the biggest challenges faced by online learners. Our scholarship winner, Anna C, shares practical insights on balancing life and an MSc in Psychology Conversion from Glasgow University. Gain valuable tips for effective online study schedules in this informative post.
How much weight should you place on a university’s position in the rankings? Get insights and find other ways to assess a university.
What Is an Accredited Course? In the UK, an accredited course means that a professional body or organisation has assessed and approved the learning outcomes
Understand UK Regulated Qualifications. Find out what types of courses are regulated in the UK, and why it is important for future study and professional pathways.
This page highlights the leading UK universities for Sport Management online and shows affordable, flexible, and accredited online Master’s programs and short courses in Sport
Discover Sports Management: Career Paths, Top Programs, and Future Prospects in the Sports Industry. From BA Degrees to Master’s and Professional Certificates, explore your next steps at leading institutions for a rewarding journey in Sports Management.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)