The Law and Languages diploma from The Open University offers a solid grounding in key concepts associated with law and in the use of your chosen language. With this diploma, you’ll raise your legal awareness and acquire skills of legal analysis and methods. The study of a modern language opens doors to other cultures and communities, and can provide a key to the global workplace. The name of your diploma will reflect your chosen language (e.g. Diploma of Higher Education in Law and German).
The law modules in this qualification cover the legal system in England and Wales only, not any other parts of the UK.
Key features of the course
– Develops a solid understanding of the role of law in society today.
– Provides you with legal awareness and the skills of legal analysis and methods.
– Develops you into an independent user of your chosen language, reaching level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
– Develops solid knowledge of the cultures that use your chosen language, and solid intercultural communication competence.
– Offers the option of a week in France, Germany or Spain.
You’ll develop a broad set of employability skills, including the ability to:
– Understand the foundation subjects of law and the legal system of England and Wales.
– Apply legal principles to resolve issues.
– Present and make a reasoned choice between different opinions and solutions.
– Read and discuss complex and technical legal materials.
– Communicate effectively, clearly and accurately with others.
– Use information and communication technology (ICT) effectively.
– Manage time and work independently and as part of a team.
– Take responsibility for your own personal development, set realistic objectives and meet your own goals.
– Manage and motivate yourself.
– Plan, organise and prioritise your work, evaluate and reflect on it.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Explore the possibilities of funding your online degree with student finance. Get the latest information and find out if you’re eligible.
Understand the options for using student finance to pay for your online Master’s degree. Get the latest information and make an informed decision.
Find out if it’s possible to secure a bank loan for an online Master’s degree and what options are available. Learn about the requirements, repayments, and other important factors to consider when financing your online Master’s education.
Discover the cost of pursuing a Master’s degree online in the UK and understand what to consider when budgeting for this investment. Get a full understanding with our comprehensive guide.
Discover the potential of online education and understand the many benefits it has to offer. Learn at your own pace, access outstanding resources, and enhance your professional and personal growth.
Follow the journey of our 2022 Scholarship Winner, Anna, as she shares her experience of finding and starting an online Master’s degree with the University of Glasgow.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)