What roles do innovators and entrepreneurs play? How do you negotiate creative solutions to ‘real world’ problems? What makes for a convincing new venture proposal?
In this specialist route available in the Business Management (Innovation and Enterprise) (Honours) course from The Open University, you will develop an interdisciplinary perspective on the management of business organisations and a distinctive combination of skills, knowledge and understanding around innovation, enterprise and related fields such as creativity and design.
Key features of the course
– Explores and analyses the interdisciplinary nature of business management
– Explores how innovation and entrepreneurship operate in a wide variety of contexts
– Has a strong emphasis on creativity, design-thinking and tackling big societal challenges
– Equips you with a range of skills valuable to a broad range of organisations and for your own innovative and entrepreneurial venture
Skills for career development
This degree course will help you develop a broad set of skills that are of high value to employers, including the ability to:
– understand key business functions such as marketing, human resources, information management, accounting and finance, and operations in their wider organisational and social context
– put together reasoned arguments and question assumptions
– draw together, analyse and critically evaluate information
– understand the nature of leadership skills and behaviours within organisations
– communicate effectively, clearly and accurately with others
– use ICT to research, identify and present information
– manage time and take responsibility for your own personal development.
The skills and knowledge you’ll develop by studying this degree will equip you to follow a number of career paths, and are recognised by employers as having great value for work in management and business. A qualification in business management can lead to opportunities in a wide range of areas such as:
– middle and senior management positions across all sectors
– advertising and marketing
– human resources
– banking, including investment banking
– sales and retail
– management consultancy
– business journalism
– transport and logistics.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Time Management is one of the biggest challenges faced by online learners. Our scholarship winner, Anna C, shares practical insights on balancing life and an MSc in Psychology Conversion from Glasgow University. Gain valuable tips for effective online study schedules in this informative post.
How much weight should you place on a university’s position in the rankings? Get insights and find other ways to assess a university.
What Is an Accredited Course? In the UK, an accredited course means that a professional body or organisation has assessed and approved the learning outcomes
Understand UK Regulated Qualifications. Find out what types of courses are regulated in the UK, and why it is important for future study and professional pathways.
This page highlights the leading UK universities for Sport Management online and shows affordable, flexible, and accredited online Master’s programs and short courses in Sport
Discover Sports Management: Career Paths, Top Programs, and Future Prospects in the Sports Industry. From BA Degrees to Master’s and Professional Certificates, explore your next steps at leading institutions for a rewarding journey in Sports Management.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)