This Business Management and Languages diploma from The Open University offers a solid grounding in key concepts associated with business management and in the use of your chosen language. You’ll explore how businesses develop strategies, handle risk and take decisions. You’ll see what’s involved in functions such as marketing, accounting and finance. Combining this with the study of a modern language opens doors to other cultures and communities, and can provide a key to the global workplace. The name of your diploma will reflect your chosen language (e.g. Diploma of Higher Education in Business Management and German).
Key features of the course
– Develops a solid understanding of business organisations and their key elements.
– Explores wider considerations such as environments, markets and processes; and how these work together.
– Develops you into an independent user of your chosen language, reaching level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
– Develops solid knowledge of the cultures that use your chosen language and solid intercultural communication competence.
– Offers the option of a week in France, Germany or Spain.
You’ll develop a broad set of employability skills, including the ability to:
– Understand key business functions such as marketing, human resources, information management, accounting and finance, and operations in their wider organisational and social context.
– Put together reasoned arguments and question assumptions.
– Draw together, analyse and critically evaluate information and data, using a range of research methods.
– Understand the nature of leadership skills and behaviours within organisations.
– Communicate effectively, clearly and accurately with others.
– Use information and communication technology (ICT) effectively.
– Manage time and work independently and as part of a team.
– Take responsibility for your own personal development, set realistic objectives and meet your own goals.
– Manage and motivate yourself.
– Plan, organise and prioritise your work, evaluate and reflect on it.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Anika is studying MSc Psychology with a specialisation in business online at the University of Strathclyde. We asked her at the halfway point in her
Find out how important professional experience is for UK online MBA admissions, from meeting the requirements to showcasing your career progress effectively.
Want to join an Online MBA in the UK? This post breaks down what you need: how much work experience, academic background, and even options without a degree. Learn about tests like the GMAT and GRE, and if you need to prove your English skills.
Learn about gaining relevant experience, networking, and the qualifications routes available from FA certificates to apprenticeships and Master’s degrees. Plus, useful links to kickstart your journey in the football industry. A quick guide for football enthusiasts aiming to turn their passion into a profession.
2023 is the second year we have run the UK Study Online Scholarship draw. This year, we increased the number of winners, helping more students
Time Management is one of the biggest challenges faced by online learners. Our scholarship winner, Anna C, shares practical insights on balancing life and an MSc in Psychology Conversion from Glasgow University. Gain valuable tips for effective online study schedules in this informative post.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)