Home » Search All Courses » Online Degrees » Social Sciences (Economics) (Honours)
You’ll also analyse and assess different types of evidence, including economic data, and have the opportunity to carry out your own economics project. On completion of the Social Sciences (Economics) (Honours) programme from The Open University, you’ll be able to apply economic and social theories and analytical techniques to a variety of topics that affect individuals and society. Additionally you’ll have gained a wide range of transferable skills – opening up employment opportunities in private, public and voluntary sector organisations.
Key features of the course
– Specialise in economics within a broad interdisciplinary social sciences degree
– Develop an understanding of economic theory applicable to real world problems
– Develop the skills to work independently and apply these to your own economics project
– Develop statistical, analytical and communication skills that are highly valued by employers
Skills for career development
Employers value the diverse skills of the social sciences very highly. The ability to work across different academic disciplines will provide you with a broad portfolio of transferable skills including the ability to:
– interpret, analyse, and critically evaluate quantitative and qualitative evidence
– apply learning to real world situations
– communicate effectively to a variety of audiences using different media
– employ a wide range of digital practices to find, use, and create data
– learn autonomously and plan, conduct, and present independent work
– work effectively with others to achieve joint outcomes
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
Register today for the 2023 ukstudyonline.com scholarship.
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
The UK government has announced the Lifelong Learning (Higher Education Fee Limits) Bill. The Bill will allow the rollout of the Lifelong loan entitlement in
Gain a comprehensive understanding of MBA programs, their structure, benefits, and types. Understand admission requirements and the differences between an MBA and other graduate degrees, helping you decide whether an MBA is worth your investment in terms of career advancement and salary potential.
Learn how to navigate the quirks of university websites effectively. Discover tips and tricks for finding out if they offer online courses!
Explore the possibilities of funding your online degree with student finance. Get the latest information and find out if you’re eligible.
Understand the options for using student finance to pay for your online Master’s degree. Get the latest information and make an informed decision.
Find out if it’s possible to secure a bank loan for an online Master’s degree and what options are available. Learn about the requirements, repayments, and other important factors to consider when financing your online Master’s education.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)
ARTU Ranking (Out of 45 UK universities included in their table)
QS World University Rankings- QS Quacquarelli Symonds rankings data– (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)