You’ll also analyse and assess different types of evidence, including economic data, and have the opportunity to carry out your own economics project. On completion of the Social Sciences (Economics) (Honours) programme from The Open University, you’ll be able to apply economic and social theories and analytical techniques to a variety of topics that affect individuals and society. Additionally you’ll have gained a wide range of transferable skills – opening up employment opportunities in private, public and voluntary sector organisations.
Key features of the course
– Specialise in economics within a broad interdisciplinary social sciences degree
– Develop an understanding of economic theory applicable to real world problems
– Develop the skills to work independently and apply these to your own economics project
– Develop statistical, analytical and communication skills that are highly valued by employers
Skills for career development
Employers value the diverse skills of the social sciences very highly. The ability to work across different academic disciplines will provide you with a broad portfolio of transferable skills including the ability to:
– interpret, analyse, and critically evaluate quantitative and qualitative evidence
– apply learning to real world situations
– communicate effectively to a variety of audiences using different media
– employ a wide range of digital practices to find, use, and create data
– learn autonomously and plan, conduct, and present independent work
– work effectively with others to achieve joint outcomes
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Time Management is one of the biggest challenges faced by online learners. Our scholarship winner, Anna C, shares practical insights on balancing life and an MSc in Psychology Conversion from Glasgow University. Gain valuable tips for effective online study schedules in this informative post.
How much weight should you place on a university’s position in the rankings? Get insights and find other ways to assess a university.
What Is an Accredited Course? In the UK, an accredited course means that a professional body or organisation has assessed and approved the learning outcomes
Understand UK Regulated Qualifications. Find out what types of courses are regulated in the UK, and why it is important for future study and professional pathways.
This page highlights the leading UK universities for Sport Management online and shows affordable, flexible, and accredited online Master’s programs and short courses in Sport
Discover Sports Management: Career Paths, Top Programs, and Future Prospects in the Sports Industry. From BA Degrees to Master’s and Professional Certificates, explore your next steps at leading institutions for a rewarding journey in Sports Management.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)