Psychological therapies are rooted in psychological understanding, so this degree provides a strong foundation in psychology with a specific focus on how counselling works and how it can help people change.
Key features of the Psychology with Counselling (Honours) course at The Open University
– Covers the key concepts, theories, methods and debates in psychology and counselling
– Gives you an appreciation of different perspectives within psychology and the ability to evaluate them critically
– Explains how psychological theories and research are applied in practical or professional contexts, particularly within counselling practice
– Can be the first step towards professional accreditation as a psychologist.
Skills for career development
As well as specific knowledge and skills in psychology and counselling, this degree course will help you to develop transferable and work-related skills that are highly valued by employers.
– effective team working
– independent and critical thinking
– IT and data handling
– analysing and evaluating diverse sources of information, including qualitative and quantitative data
– designing and carrying out research projects, and presenting findings
– problem-solving and reasoning
– application of learning to real world problems and situations.
This degree is relevant to a broad range of careers, including those within the health and social care system, and organisations in the statutory and voluntary sectors. Knowledge of human behaviour, counselling and related ‘people skills’ are recognised by employers as real assets in working with individuals and teams. You’ll gain a theoretical basis in counselling as well as a broad understanding of psychology that will prepare you to work in a variety of ways with a diverse range of people.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Time Management is one of the biggest challenges faced by online learners. Our scholarship winner, Anna C, shares practical insights on balancing life and an MSc in Psychology Conversion from Glasgow University. Gain valuable tips for effective online study schedules in this informative post.
How much weight should you place on a university’s position in the rankings? Get insights and find other ways to assess a university.
What Is an Accredited Course? In the UK, an accredited course means that a professional body or organisation has assessed and approved the learning outcomes
Understand UK Regulated Qualifications. Find out what types of courses are regulated in the UK, and why it is important for future study and professional pathways.
This page highlights the leading UK universities for Sport Management online and shows affordable, flexible, and accredited online Master’s programs and short courses in Sport
Discover Sports Management: Career Paths, Top Programs, and Future Prospects in the Sports Industry. From BA Degrees to Master’s and Professional Certificates, explore your next steps at leading institutions for a rewarding journey in Sports Management.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)