Psychological therapies are rooted in psychological understanding, so this degree provides a strong foundation in psychology with a specific focus on how counselling works and how it can help people change.
Key features of the Psychology with Counselling (Honours) course at The Open University
– Covers the key concepts, theories, methods and debates in psychology and counselling
– Gives you an appreciation of different perspectives within psychology and the ability to evaluate them critically
– Explains how psychological theories and research are applied in practical or professional contexts, particularly within counselling practice
– Can be the first step towards professional accreditation as a psychologist.
Skills for career development
As well as specific knowledge and skills in psychology and counselling, this degree course will help you to develop transferable and work-related skills that are highly valued by employers.
– effective team working
– independent and critical thinking
– IT and data handling
– analysing and evaluating diverse sources of information, including qualitative and quantitative data
– designing and carrying out research projects, and presenting findings
– problem-solving and reasoning
– application of learning to real world problems and situations.
This degree is relevant to a broad range of careers, including those within the health and social care system, and organisations in the statutory and voluntary sectors. Knowledge of human behaviour, counselling and related ‘people skills’ are recognised by employers as real assets in working with individuals and teams. You’ll gain a theoretical basis in counselling as well as a broad understanding of psychology that will prepare you to work in a variety of ways with a diverse range of people.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Learn how to navigate the quirks of university websites effectively. Discover tips and tricks for finding out if they offer online courses!
Explore the possibilities of funding your online degree with student finance. Get the latest information and find out if you’re eligible.
Understand the options for using student finance to pay for your online Master’s degree. Get the latest information and make an informed decision.
Find out if it’s possible to secure a bank loan for an online Master’s degree and what options are available. Learn about the requirements, repayments, and other important factors to consider when financing your online Master’s education.
Discover the cost of pursuing a Master’s degree online in the UK and understand what to consider when budgeting for this investment. Get a full understanding with our comprehensive guide.
Discover the potential of online education and understand the many benefits it has to offer. Learn at your own pace, access outstanding resources, and enhance your professional and personal growth.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)