You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of different areas of psychology; develop valuable analytical and communication skills; and enhance your ability to work both independently and collaboratively. This will put you in a strong position when it comes to employment opportunities.
Key features of the Psychology (Honours) course at The Open University
– Build your knowledge and understanding of a broad range of core topics in psychology
– Options allow you to focus on child psychology, counselling, forensic psychology, mental health, or sports psychology
– Gain valuable analytical and communication skills that will enhance your employability
Skills for career development
As well as the specific knowledge gained from studying an OU degree, you’ll develop many transferable and work-related skills that are highly valued by employers. These include skills in:
– effective team-working
– independent and critical thinking
– IT and data handling
– analysing and evaluating diverse sources of information, including qualitative and quantitative data
– designing and carrying out research projects, and presenting their findings
– problem-solving and reasoning
– application of learning to real world problems and situations
– independent learning.
The psychology degree is designed to deliver the requirements for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) of the British Psychological Society (BPS), and has been accredited by the BPS for over 20 years. Careers as a professional psychologist in the applied areas of psychology will require further study, training and/or work experience beyond your degree – for which this degree course provides ideal preparation.
The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) regulated titles include:
– clinical psychologist
– counselling psychologist
– educational psychologist
– forensic psychologist
– health psychologist
– occupational psychologist
– sports and exercise psychologist.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Learn how to navigate the quirks of university websites effectively. Discover tips and tricks for finding out if they offer online courses!
Explore the possibilities of funding your online degree with student finance. Get the latest information and find out if you’re eligible.
Understand the options for using student finance to pay for your online Master’s degree. Get the latest information and make an informed decision.
Find out if it’s possible to secure a bank loan for an online Master’s degree and what options are available. Learn about the requirements, repayments, and other important factors to consider when financing your online Master’s education.
Discover the cost of pursuing a Master’s degree online in the UK and understand what to consider when budgeting for this investment. Get a full understanding with our comprehensive guide.
Discover the potential of online education and understand the many benefits it has to offer. Learn at your own pace, access outstanding resources, and enhance your professional and personal growth.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)