If you already have a degree or masters degree in any subject from a UK university or recognised overseas university, you can choose this route to a law degree.
Key features of the Laws (Honours) (graduate entry) from The Open University
– Recognised by the law profession as a Qualifying Law Degree (QLD) in England and Wales
– Covers the seven ‘Foundations of Legal Knowledge’ as required for a QLD
– Provides the first academic stage of training for solicitors and barristers in England and Wales
– Offers practical experience through an online law clinic
– Gives you an understanding of the role and place of law in today’s society
Skills for career development
This degree course will give you the chance to develop yourself beyond the boundaries of your normal work environment, giving you skills and knowledge that you can readily put into practice on a daily basis in a wide range of professional contexts. It develops specialist legal and transferable skills, including:
– an in-depth knowledge of the foundation subjects of law and of the legal system of England and Wales
– an ability to apply legal principles to resolve issues
– an ability to present and make a reasoned choice between different opinions and solutions
– an ability to read and discuss complex and technical legal materials
– competence in the use of basic IT, databases and websites
– thinking critically about your own learning and performance and taking steps to improve them.
Studying law opens up many career options, whether in law or law-related fields. Legal careers include solicitor, barrister, legal executive and paralegal. Solicitors and barristers usually work in private practice, in central or local government, commerce, industry, the armed forces or in professional bodies.
Solicitors and barristers in England and Wales need to complete three stages of training:
– Academic – a Qualifying Law Degree (QLD)
– Vocational – a Legal Practice Course (LPC) for solicitors. Alternatively the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) for barristers.
– Professional – a training contract for solicitors or ‘pupillage’ for barristers
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
Register today for the 2023 ukstudyonline.com scholarship.
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Discover the best online universities for business management in the UK and take the first step towards finding the right course for your career goals.
Studying a business management degree online offers flexibility, convenience, and a comprehensive curriculum that equips students with a broad range of transferable skills.
Attending an online university open day or information session is an excellent way to get a better understanding of a university and its courses from the comfort of your own home. Through these virtual events, you can connect with faculty, current students, and alumni, gain insights about the university’s culture and community, and get a sense of what to expect from the course you’re interested in.
This page highlights some top-ranked UK universities and accredited online courses for computer science. While university league tables can be helpful, it’s important to also consider syllabus, learning outcomes, and other factors when choosing a course.
This article examines popular MBA university rankings and how to use them to find the best MBA program for your career goals. While rankings can be helpful, it’s good to understand what they do and don’t track.
Learn how to craft an exceptional CV that will make you stand out in your Master’s application with these 7 proven tips. From highlighting your achievements to tailoring your CV for the specific program, this post will guide you step-by-step in transforming your CV from average to excellent. Don’t miss out on this must-read advice!
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)
ARTU Ranking (Out of 45 UK universities included in their table)
QS World University Rankings- QS Quacquarelli Symonds rankings data– (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)