If you already have a degree or masters degree in any subject from a UK university or recognised overseas university, you can choose this route to a law degree.
Key features of the Laws (Honours) (graduate entry) from The Open University
– Recognised by the law profession as a Qualifying Law Degree (QLD) in England and Wales
– Covers the seven ‘Foundations of Legal Knowledge’ as required for a QLD
– Provides the first academic stage of training for solicitors and barristers in England and Wales
– Offers practical experience through an online law clinic
– Gives you an understanding of the role and place of law in today’s society
Skills for career development
This degree course will give you the chance to develop yourself beyond the boundaries of your normal work environment, giving you skills and knowledge that you can readily put into practice on a daily basis in a wide range of professional contexts. It develops specialist legal and transferable skills, including:
– an in-depth knowledge of the foundation subjects of law and of the legal system of England and Wales
– an ability to apply legal principles to resolve issues
– an ability to present and make a reasoned choice between different opinions and solutions
– an ability to read and discuss complex and technical legal materials
– competence in the use of basic IT, databases and websites
– thinking critically about your own learning and performance and taking steps to improve them.
Studying law opens up many career options, whether in law or law-related fields. Legal careers include solicitor, barrister, legal executive and paralegal. Solicitors and barristers usually work in private practice, in central or local government, commerce, industry, the armed forces or in professional bodies.
Solicitors and barristers in England and Wales need to complete three stages of training:
– Academic – a Qualifying Law Degree (QLD)
– Vocational – a Legal Practice Course (LPC) for solicitors. Alternatively the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) for barristers.
– Professional – a training contract for solicitors or ‘pupillage’ for barristers
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Taking a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited degree or conversion course is essential if you want to train to become a practising clinical psychologist in
How to Find the Best University for Your Goals On this page, we will look at the leading UK university rankings and highlight some of
A quick guide to the many types of level 4 qualifications available online from UK training providers. What is a Level 4 qualification? Level 4
A quick guide to the main types of certification available and why accreditation and awarding bodies are important. In the UK, a wide range of
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Study Compared Use this quick guide to understand and compare the main differences between undergraduate and postgraduate study. But before we start,
Write The Perfect Personal Statement For A Master’s Degree Application Getting your application accepted is the first hurdle in gaining a master’s. Some university courses