Key features of the History and Politics (Honours) programme from The Open University
– Study a range of periods and societies from 1750 using social scientific theories and approaches and historical analysis
– Offers a choice of two periods in history and two aspects of politics to specialise in at an advanced level
– Gives you the opportunity to develop an independent project on a subject of your choice
– Develop skills relevant to political and historical research and writing directed to a range of audiences
Skills for career development
Studying history and politics will provide you with an adaptable set of skills that can lead in many directions and are greatly valued by employers. Beyond subject knowledge these include critical thinking, analysis, synthesis and communication.
You’ll sharpen your IT, writing, and independent thinking and information auditing skills, as well as develop an ability to assimilate and evaluate relevant information when constructing an argument to a variety of audiences.
These are key skills in complex organisations and independent endeavours, and are highly sought after in the world beyond study – whether you’re already working,volunteering, starting, changing or looking to progress your career.
Studying history and politics requires and fosters an understanding of human activities in diverse cultural and political environments and historical contexts. The breadth of study and range of ideas and objects analysed, combined with clear thinking and communication, make the BA (Hons) History and Politics relevant to a wide range of careers, including:
– public administration, central and local government, the civil and diplomatic service, art and museum institutions, and social services
– advertising, journalism, publishing, creative industries and public relations
– legal work
– business, banking and retail
– human resources
– charities and campaigning.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Taking a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited degree or conversion course is essential if you want to train to become a practising clinical psychologist in
How to Find the Best University for Your Goals On this page, we will look at the leading UK university rankings and highlight some of
A quick guide to the many types of level 4 qualifications available online from UK training providers. What is a Level 4 qualification? Level 4
A quick guide to the main types of certification available and why accreditation and awarding bodies are important. In the UK, a wide range of
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Study Compared Use this quick guide to understand and compare the main differences between undergraduate and postgraduate study. But before we start,
Write The Perfect Personal Statement For A Master’s Degree Application Getting your application accepted is the first hurdle in gaining a master’s. Some university courses