In this Classical Studies (Honours) course from The Open University, your understanding of many aspects of the modern world will be enhanced, as you’ll be provided with new perspectives on contemporary societies and cultures.
Key features of the course
– Covers the key concepts, theories, methods and debates in classical studies
– Explores themes such as Greek myth and Roman imperialism through primary sources and scholarly criticism
– Gain valuable perspectives on the origins and development of ancient Greek and Roman societies, and their cultural impact in later periods
– Relevant to careers in teaching, museums and libraries, business, the creative industries and many other sectors
Skills for career development
This Classical Studies degree will develop your understanding of human activities in diverse cultural environments and historical contexts, and equip you with an adaptable set of skills greatly valued by employers.
Broadly summarised these are skills of analysis, criticism and communication – you’ll sharpen your IT, writing and independent thinking, and learn to assimilate and evaluate relevant information when constructing an argument. These are key skills in complex organisations, and are greatly sought after in the world beyond study – whether you’re already working, volunteering, or changing career.
Studying arts and humanities can give entry to a vast range of occupations leading in a number of career directions, including:
– public administration, local government, the civil service, art institutions, and social services
– advertising, journalism, publishing, creative industries and public relations
– legal work
– business, banking and retail
– human resources
– charities and campaigning.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Learn how to navigate the quirks of university websites effectively. Discover tips and tricks for finding out if they offer online courses!
Explore the possibilities of funding your online degree with student finance. Get the latest information and find out if you’re eligible.
Understand the options for using student finance to pay for your online Master’s degree. Get the latest information and make an informed decision.
Find out if it’s possible to secure a bank loan for an online Master’s degree and what options are available. Learn about the requirements, repayments, and other important factors to consider when financing your online Master’s education.
Discover the cost of pursuing a Master’s degree online in the UK and understand what to consider when budgeting for this investment. Get a full understanding with our comprehensive guide.
Discover the potential of online education and understand the many benefits it has to offer. Learn at your own pace, access outstanding resources, and enhance your professional and personal growth.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)