In this Classical Studies (Honours) course from The Open University, your understanding of many aspects of the modern world will be enhanced, as you’ll be provided with new perspectives on contemporary societies and cultures.
Key features of the course
– Covers the key concepts, theories, methods and debates in classical studies
– Explores themes such as Greek myth and Roman imperialism through primary sources and scholarly criticism
– Gain valuable perspectives on the origins and development of ancient Greek and Roman societies, and their cultural impact in later periods
– Relevant to careers in teaching, museums and libraries, business, the creative industries and many other sectors
Skills for career development
This Classical Studies degree will develop your understanding of human activities in diverse cultural environments and historical contexts, and equip you with an adaptable set of skills greatly valued by employers.
Broadly summarised these are skills of analysis, criticism and communication – you’ll sharpen your IT, writing and independent thinking, and learn to assimilate and evaluate relevant information when constructing an argument. These are key skills in complex organisations, and are greatly sought after in the world beyond study – whether you’re already working, volunteering, or changing career.
Studying arts and humanities can give entry to a vast range of occupations leading in a number of career directions, including:
– public administration, local government, the civil service, art institutions, and social services
– advertising, journalism, publishing, creative industries and public relations
– legal work
– business, banking and retail
– human resources
– charities and campaigning.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Time Management is one of the biggest challenges faced by online learners. Our scholarship winner, Anna C, shares practical insights on balancing life and an MSc in Psychology Conversion from Glasgow University. Gain valuable tips for effective online study schedules in this informative post.
How much weight should you place on a university’s position in the rankings? Get insights and find other ways to assess a university.
What Is an Accredited Course? In the UK, an accredited course means that a professional body or organisation has assessed and approved the learning outcomes
Understand UK Regulated Qualifications. Find out what types of courses are regulated in the UK, and why it is important for future study and professional pathways.
This page highlights the leading UK universities for Sport Management online and shows affordable, flexible, and accredited online Master’s programs and short courses in Sport
Discover Sports Management: Career Paths, Top Programs, and Future Prospects in the Sports Industry. From BA Degrees to Master’s and Professional Certificates, explore your next steps at leading institutions for a rewarding journey in Sports Management.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)