You can focus entirely on business management, or choose to specialise within the subject areas of accounting, economics, leadership practice, innovation and enterprise or marketing.
Key features of the Business Management (Honours) course at The Open University
– Develops your understanding of business organisations and their key elements
– Explores wider considerations such as environments, markets and processes; and how all these work together
– Helps you relate your studies to your own experience
– Offers a choice of specialist routes
– Equips you for a wide range of employment opportunities across all sectors
Skills for career development
This degree course will help you develop a broad set of skills that are of high value to employers, including the ability to:
– understand key business functions such as marketing, human resources, information management, accounting and finance, and operations in their wider organisational and social context
– put together reasoned arguments and question assumptions
– draw together, analyse and critically evaluate information
– understand the nature of leadership skills and behaviours within organisations
– communicate effectively, clearly and accurately with others
– use ICT to research, identify and present information
– manage time and take responsibility for your own personal development.
The skills and knowledge you’ll develop by studying this degree will equip you to follow a number of career paths and are recognised by employers as having great value for work in management and business. A qualification in business management can lead to opportunities in a wide range of areas such as:
– middle and senior management positions across all sectors
– advertising and marketing
– human resources
– banking, including investment banking
– sales and retail
– management consultancy
– business journalism
– transport and logistics.
The Open University is unique. It is a public research institution that delivers 100% of its courses by online learning. It is the only university of its type in the UK
UK Study Online Scholarship Draw - 1 x £1,000 & 2 x £500 Towards Your Tuition Fees
To register for the scholarship draw, you need to sign up for the ukstudyonline.com newsletter and updates. You can find more details here.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)