You can focus entirely on business management, or choose to specialise within the subject areas of accounting, economics, leadership practice, innovation and enterprise or marketing.
Key features of the Business Management (Honours) course at The Open University
– Develops your understanding of business organisations and their key elements
– Explores wider considerations such as environments, markets and processes; and how all these work together
– Helps you relate your studies to your own experience
– Offers a choice of specialist routes
– Equips you for a wide range of employment opportunities across all sectors
Skills for career development
This degree course will help you develop a broad set of skills that are of high value to employers, including the ability to:
– understand key business functions such as marketing, human resources, information management, accounting and finance, and operations in their wider organisational and social context
– put together reasoned arguments and question assumptions
– draw together, analyse and critically evaluate information
– understand the nature of leadership skills and behaviours within organisations
– communicate effectively, clearly and accurately with others
– use ICT to research, identify and present information
– manage time and take responsibility for your own personal development.
The skills and knowledge you’ll develop by studying this degree will equip you to follow a number of career paths, and are recognised by employers as having great value for work in management and business. A qualification in business management can lead to opportunities in a wide range of areas such as:
– middle and senior management positions across all sectors
– advertising and marketing
– human resources
– banking, including investment banking
– sales and retail
– management consultancy
– business journalism
– transport and logistics.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Explore the possibilities of funding your online degree with student finance. Get the latest information and find out if you’re eligible.
Understand the options for using student finance to pay for your online Master’s degree. Get the latest information and make an informed decision.
Find out if it’s possible to secure a bank loan for an online Master’s degree and what options are available. Learn about the requirements, repayments, and other important factors to consider when financing your online Master’s education.
Discover the cost of pursuing a Master’s degree online in the UK and understand what to consider when budgeting for this investment. Get a full understanding with our comprehensive guide.
Discover the potential of online education and understand the many benefits it has to offer. Learn at your own pace, access outstanding resources, and enhance your professional and personal growth.
Follow the journey of our 2022 Scholarship Winner, Anna, as she shares her experience of finding and starting an online Master’s degree with the University of Glasgow.
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)