You’ll divide your study equally between both subjects. You’ll explore how businesses develop strategies, handle risk and take decisions. You’ll see what’s involved in functions such as marketing, accounting and finance. Combining this with the study of a modern language opens doors to other cultures and communities, and can provide a key to the global workplace.
Key features of the Business Management and German certificate at The Open University
– Develops a broad understanding of business organisations and their key elements.
– Explores some wider considerations such as environments, markets and processes; and how these work together.
– Develops you into an independent user of German, reaching level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
– Develops broad knowledge of the cultures that speak German, and basic intercultural communication competence.
The skills and knowledge you’ll develop will equip you to follow a number of career paths, and are recognised by employers as having great value for work in management and business. Your understanding of another language and the cultures that use it, enhances that value – widening your opportunities in the international market. A qualification in business management with a language can lead to opportunities in a wide range of areas such as:
– Middle and senior management positions across all sectors.
– Advertising and marketing.
– Human resources.
– Banking, including investment banking.
– Sales and retail.
– Management consultancy.
– Business journalism.
– Transport and logistics.
– Translation and interpreting.
– Editing and publishing.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Taking a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited degree or conversion course is essential if you want to train to become a practising clinical psychologist in
How to Find the Best University for Your Goals On this page, we will look at the leading UK university rankings and highlight some of
A quick guide to the many types of level 4 qualifications available online from UK training providers. What is a Level 4 qualification? Level 4
A quick guide to the main types of certification available and why accreditation and awarding bodies are important. In the UK, a wide range of
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Study Compared Use this quick guide to understand and compare the main differences between undergraduate and postgraduate study. But before we start,
Write The Perfect Personal Statement For A Master’s Degree Application Getting your application accepted is the first hurdle in gaining a master’s. Some university courses