This Business Management and French from The Open University offers a broad grounding in key concepts associated with business management and a sound knowledge of the basic concepts associated with the study of French. You’ll explore how businesses develop strategies, handle risk and take decisions.
You’ll see what’s involved in functions such as marketing, accounting and finance. Combining this with the study of a modern language opens doors to other cultures and communities, and can provide a key to the global workplace.
Key features of the course
– Develops a broad understanding of business organisations and their key elements.
– Explores some wider considerations such as environments, markets and processes; and how these work together.
– Develops you into an independent user of French, reaching level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
– Develops broad knowledge of the cultures that speak French, and basic intercultural communication competence.
The skills and knowledge you’ll develop will equip you to follow a number of career paths, and are recognised by employers as having great value for work in management and business. Your understanding of another language and the cultures that use it, enhances that value – widening your opportunities in the international market. A qualification in business management with a language can lead to opportunities in a wide range of areas such as:
– Middle and senior management positions across all sectors.
– Advertising and marketing.
– Human resources.
– Banking, including investment banking.
– Sales and retail.
– Management consultancy.
– Business journalism.
– Transport and logistics.
– Translation and interpreting.
– Editing and publishing.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Studying online is no longer the poor relation to in-person learning. Over the past decade, technological advances and an increase in university focus on online
UK Study Online is a new platform established in 2021 to help students find the best online courses offered by top UK universities and education
Taking a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited degree or conversion course is essential if you want to train to become a practising clinical psychologist in
How to Find the Best University for Your Goals On this page, we will look at the leading UK university rankings and highlight some of
A quick guide to the many types of level 4 qualifications available online from UK training providers. What is a Level 4 qualification? Level 4
A quick guide to the main types of certification available and why accreditation and awarding bodies are important. In the UK, a wide range of
Use these links to view the full rankings (Opens in a new window)