The Marketing and Society module at The Open University will be based around three key themes: social marketing – how marketing can have a positive influence on health and social behaviour; ethics and marketing – how decision making and marketing activities can be affected by taking an ethical perspective; and responsible business marketing – how organisations might adopt responsible marketing behaviour in the context of corporate social responsibility
You will learn
Knowledge and understanding
– Concepts, theories and debates about the roles and responsibilities of marketing in society
– Application of marketing thinking to health and social behaviour
– An understanding of ethics and marketing
– An understanding of green and environmental marketing, sustainability, fair trade and ethical consumption.
– Application and evaluation of the relevance of module concepts to a variety of other contexts
– Ability to synthesise, and critically evaluate arguments and assumptions from a variety of sources and competing perspectives
– Ability to recognise the limitations of knowledge in the area.
– Identification and critical analysis of relevant issues involved in responsible social and business marketing
– Effective communication of ideas and arguments to relevant audiences
– Appropriate integration and use of information and/or data in complex contexts
– Management of learning and ability to reflect on development as an independent learner.
Practical and/or professional skills
– Application of responsible marketing to own professional context
– Sensitivity to the problems and challenges in both business and social marketing.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Taking a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited degree or conversion course is essential if you want to train to become a practising clinical psychologist in
How to Find the Best University for Your Goals On this page, we will look at the leading UK university rankings and highlight some of
A quick guide to the many types of level 4 qualifications available online from UK training providers. What is a Level 4 qualification? Level 4
A quick guide to the main types of certification available and why accreditation and awarding bodies are important. In the UK, a wide range of
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Study Compared Use this quick guide to understand and compare the main differences between undergraduate and postgraduate study. But before we start,
Write The Perfect Personal Statement For A Master’s Degree Application Getting your application accepted is the first hurdle in gaining a master’s. Some university courses