By studying the Environmental Management 2 offered by The Open University you will examine systems theories in detail and have the opportunity to investigate complex situations at domestic, organisational and community levels.
Using London Heathrow Airport as a case study, you will gain different perspectives of environmental management situations, the views of stakeholders, how these are represented and the impact of these views for further action and innovation.
This module engages with environmental management at three levels beginning with domestic issues in the household, before extending to look at the organisation and the wider community.
By the end of the module you will be able understand and describe:
– systems theories, tools and methods used and critically evaluate your own competence in using them
– diverse environmental impacts at the level of the individual, organisation and community
– a range of theories, tools and methods relating to systems and environmental management
– the wide ranging policy implications involved in designing sustainable communities.
You will also be able to:
– use systemic theories and methods to review and investigate complex environmental management situations
– explain when and how to use systemic representations and where iteration is needed
– select initial systems and other methods appropriate for helping learning and sense making
– assess the worldviews of stakeholders within the case studies
– use information and communication tools to gather, analyse and synthesise a variety of data and information
– apply critical and reflective devices to assess, in a systemic manner, environmental activity.
You will find the module useful if you are, or want to be, engaged in environmental management within an organisation, consultancy or a local community. Studying this module can also benefit you in your home, work, or community as it will help you to understand and use some conventional ideas and practices for environmental management in a range of situations.
In addition, the module will extend your knowledge and practical skills by introducing innovative systems approaches to environmental management.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Taking a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited degree or conversion course is essential if you want to train to become a practising clinical psychologist in
How to Find the Best University for Your Goals On this page, we will look at the leading UK university rankings and highlight some of
A quick guide to the many types of level 4 qualifications available online from UK training providers. What is a Level 4 qualification? Level 4
A quick guide to the main types of certification available and why accreditation and awarding bodies are important. In the UK, a wide range of
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Study Compared Use this quick guide to understand and compare the main differences between undergraduate and postgraduate study. But before we start,
Write The Perfect Personal Statement For A Master’s Degree Application Getting your application accepted is the first hurdle in gaining a master’s. Some university courses