The Environmental Management 1 programme delivered by The Open University, explores the answers to questions like these by introducing ideas, approaches and techniques for environmental management at individual, organisational and community levels.
Recognising that our understanding of human-environment relations is changing, this module combines conventional with innovative systems approaches to environmental management, including an approach to community participation which is taught through a series of group activities.
By the end of this module you will be able to understand and describe:
– the relationship between environmental management and sustainable development
– the ways in which environmental management is framed and its implications for environmental management at domestic, organisational and community levels
– a range of conventional concepts, approaches and techniques for environmental management
– a range of systems concepts and techniques for use with complex environmental situations.
You will also be able to demonstrate the:
– ability to engage with and analyse a range of complex environmental management situations
– application of appropriate tools and techniques including use of systems diagramming and modelling
– analysis of multiple perspectives of different stakeholders
– ability to report on an environmental situation and make initial recommendations
– ability to work collaboratively as part of a group
– critical awareness of conventional and systems approaches to environmental management.
You will find the module useful if you are, or want to be, engaged in environmental management within an organisation, consultancy or a local community.
Studying this module can also benefit you in your home, work, or community as it will help you understand and use some conventional ideas and practices for environmental management in a range of situations.
In addition, the module will extend your knowledge and practical skills by introducing innovative systems approaches to environmental management.
This course is eligible for the UK Study Online Scholarship draw
One of the only UK scholarships 100% dedicated to online study. £1,000 support for tuition fees for UK & International Students
Taking a British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited degree or conversion course is essential if you want to train to become a practising clinical psychologist in
How to Find the Best University for Your Goals On this page, we will look at the leading UK university rankings and highlight some of
A quick guide to the many types of level 4 qualifications available online from UK training providers. What is a Level 4 qualification? Level 4
A quick guide to the main types of certification available and why accreditation and awarding bodies are important. In the UK, a wide range of
Undergraduate and Postgraduate Study Compared Use this quick guide to understand and compare the main differences between undergraduate and postgraduate study. But before we start,
Write The Perfect Personal Statement For A Master’s Degree Application Getting your application accepted is the first hurdle in gaining a master’s. Some university courses